What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
This award was originally created by Okoto @ Okoto Enigma’s Blog.
Thanks to Violet @ Wool & Words and Anna @ Anna’s Book Nook for nominating me!
Put the award logo/image on your blog
List the rules.
Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
You have to nominate people.
Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
Share a link to your best post(s).
Three things about me:
1) My favourite colour is royal blue.
2) If I hadn’t become an engineer, I would have taken up creative writing and classical literature.
3) I hate cooking, but I love baking.
Answers to Violet’s questions:
1. What motivated you to start a blog?
I’ve been informally reviewing books since I was midway through my undergrad. At that time, I stuck to posting on Goodreads because I didn’t have the time to commit to a blog, but I started this blog a few months after I graduated. As someone who works with computers all day, blogging is a great way for me to keep in touch with my creative side and it’s great having a space to express my thoughts about all the books I read!
2. Do you have any advice for new bloggers?
Blog because you enjoy it and don’t stress out over your stats. Pay attention to quality over quantity, but also make sure to develop a regular posting schedule on your blog – it really helps!
3. What book impacted you the most/or you absolutely loved?
So many books could fit that description! Cassandra Clare’s books set in the Shadowhunter world have been a favourite on my reading list for over a decade now.
4. What is one dream you would like to accomplish in your lifetime?
Travel has been a passion I haven’t had as much opportunity to indulge as I would like, especially this year. I hope that one day I will be able to visit every place on my bucket list.
5. What was a place/country you had on your bucket list before COVID-19?
London was the next vacation I had planned for the summer, followed by Greece in the fall.
Answers to Anna’s questions:
1. What is your favorite dessert?
That’s a huge list, and it really varies depending on the time of year, but hot fudge brownies and vanilla ice cream is always close to the top.
2. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what book would you choose?
The Lord of the Rings.
3. How do you relax after a long day?
A good book and some snacks with tea always helps!
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world for a week (for free), where would you go?
Paris, most likely. It’s the one place I haven’t been able to fit into any vacation plans so far.
5. What magical creature (from any mythology, novel, or anything else) would you choose to have as your best friend?
I’d love to have unicorn or a phoenix, though I wouldn’t be opposed to a dragon either!
My questions are:
1. How do you organize and track your reading?
2. What is your favourite snack/drink while reading?
3. Which bookish character would you love to meet in person?
4. If you wrote a book, what would it be about?
5. What is your favourite book/series of all time?
This was so much fun, and thanks again to Violet and Anna for nominating me!
Here are some of my latest reviews:
As the Shadow Rises (The Age of Darkness #2) – Katy Rose Pool
Majesty (American Royals #2) – Katharine McGee
The Silvered Serpents (The Gilded Wolves #2) – Roshani Chokshi
The Inheritance Games (The Inheritance Games #1) – Jennifer Lynn Barnes