Hello readers! One month of the new year is already over and I hope you’re all having a great 2021 so far (or atleast better than 2020). It has been a pretty busy start to the year for me, but I did get a good amount of reading done. New titles this month have been something of a mixed bag, but I did manage to get to a few backlist titles I had left over from last year as well. Let’s take a look at what I read this month!
Goodreads Challenge Progress: 17/100
Book of the Month
As punishment for a past rebellion, every seven years, nine Greek Gods are forced to descend to earth and live for seven days as mortals. During these days, the descendants of ancient heroes hunt the mortal gods, seeking to kill one of them and gain their power, immortality and eternal glory in a lethal hunt known as the Agon. Lore of the House of Perseus fled that dangerous life following the brutal murders of her family by a rival house, but as a new Agon begins in New York City, she finds herself drawn back into that world when on the first day, two participants seek her out – Castor, a childhood friend she believed long dead, and the goddess Athena, one of the last original gods still alive. Severely injured, Athena asks for her help and in return, offers her an alliance and what she has long sought: revenge against Wrath, the new Ares, and the man responsible for her family’s deaths, and possibly a way to stop the cycle and end the Agon forever.
Books I Read in January 2021
- Influence – Sara Shepard & Lilia Buckingham (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- City of the Plague God – Sarwat Chadda (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- Cast in Firelight (Wickery #1) – Dana Swift (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟.5)
- Shadow City (The City of Diamond and Steel #2) – Francesca Flores (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟)
- The Girls I’ve Been – Tess Sharpe (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- Muse (Muse #1) – Brittany Cavallaro (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟.5)
- The Last Tiara – M. J. Rose (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- Lore – Alexandra Bracken (🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- This Golden Flame – Emily Victoria (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- City of the Uncommon Thief – Lynne Bertrande (ARC) (🌟🌟.5)
- The Richest Duck in the World – Don Rosa (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- The Lost Crown of Genghis Khan – Carl Barks (🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- Spinning Silver – Naomi Novik (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- The Seven Cities of Gold – Cark Barks (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- Poisoned – Jennifer Donnelly (🌟🌟🌟)
- We Hunt the Flame (Sands of Arawiya #1) – Hafsah Faizal (🌟🌟🌟.5)
- The Castafiore Emerald (Tintin #21) – Herge (🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟)
Other Posts & Reviews This Month
Have you read any of these books or do you plan to? What was your reading month like? Let’s chat in the comments below!