Hello readers! I’m sharing my monthly wrapup a day earlier than usual for May since this week on my blog turned out to be somewhat packed so I’m trying to spread out the posts a little. This month was much slower than usual in terms of reading and blogging since I wasn’t well for a while and needed to take quite a few days from my books which threw my schedule way off track. I did get to read some really great books though and thanks to the blog tours I was part of this month, I picked up two amazing books that I probably wouldn’t have heard of otherwise. Let’s take a look at what I read!
Goodreads Challenge Progress: 67/100
Book of the Month
In the war, Earth was destroyed and turned inside out by an alien enemy known as the Architects. To combat this foe, man created mentally enhanced humans called Intermediaries, and they, Idris amongst them, were successful in forming a mental link and communicating with the Architects, driving them away.
With the war seemingly over, Idris wanted nothing more to do with the humans who now forcibly create Intermediaries for commercial purposes and bind them to contracts. Forty years later, Idris tries to keep a low profile as the pilot of the Vulture God, a salvage vessel that takes on missions in deep space, perfect for his particular talents.
When he and his crew stumble upon the remains of a ship that looks exactly like the work of the Architects. Before they can dwell on the magnitude of what they’ve found, the crew has become the center of attention and target for everyone, from governments to gangsters, because they now possess an artifact that if genuine, is beyond price if the enemy truly is returning.
Books I Read in May 2021
- The Ivies – Alexa Donne (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- Aetherbound – E.K. Johnston (ARC) (🌟🌟1/2)
- The Serpent’s Curse (The Last Magician #3) – Lisa Maxwell (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- Curse of the Specter Queen – Jenny Elder Moke (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- Shards of Earth (The Final Architects #1) – Adrian Tchaikovsky (ARC) – Blog Tour (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- The Darkness Outside Us – Eliot Schrefer (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- Of Princes and Promises (St Rosetta’s Academy #2) – Sandhya Menon (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- The Warsaw Orphan – Kelly Rimmer (ARC) – Blog Tour (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- Sisters of the Snake (Ria and Rani #1) – Sarena and Sasha Nanua (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- Katharine Parr: The Sixth Wife (Six Tudor Queens #6) – Alison Weir (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- Honor Bound (Honors #2) – Rachel Caine (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
Other Posts & Reviews This Month
Have you read any of these books or do you plan to? What was your reading month like? Let’s chat in the comments below!