The Liebster Award is a peer recognition award for up and coming bloggers. This award is a great way to get noticed as a new blogger and provides an opportunity to help connect with other new bloggers and help support them in getting recognized as well. The rules are as follows:
1) Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2) Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
3) Nominate 5-11 bloggers.
4) Notify your nominees.
5) Ask 11 new questions for your nominees.
Thank you to Marta @ Monogamist Reader for nominating me. Check out her blog for some amazing book reviews and other bookish content!
Here are the questions Marta asked along with my answers:
- Name a book that you thought “Damn, I wish I wrote that”.
Pretty much every Cassandra Clare novel.
- What is a book that everybody loves but you hate it so much you wish to burn it?
Burning might be a bit extreme, but The Starless Sea is hands down the most frustrating novel I’ve ever read.
- What job would you be doing if you have followed your childhood dreams?
An engineer – exactly what I do now!
- Name your favourite villain – it could be from movies/books/comics…
The Darkling, because I’ve still got Shadow and Bone on the brain.
- If you could change the ending of a story (again book or movie, or whatever), how would you change it and which one?
There are so many that I would love to change the endings of, but the one book that has irritated me ever since I read it is The Fate of the Tearling. It was perfect until that ending which destroyed everything that had been built up with the cheapest trick in the book – waking up to find that it was all basically just a dream because Kelsea’s time travelling more or less rewrote history. The magic and time travel device could have been used so much more effectively, for Kelsea to learn from her ancestor’s mistakes, actually handle the disastrous situation she was in head on and face the consequences of her actions, which was the theme in the previous books that I really liked.
- In which order must your books be placed in your bookshelves?
My most prized books occupy the top shelves, which includes collector’s and special editions, first editions and signed copies. The next set of shelves hold my favourite books that don’t fit into the first category and I like to arrange these keeping series together. After that, I have no real order to the rest of my books unless they are part of a series as well but I do try to arrange them by book size.
- You are offered to go on a mission to Mars. You can bring three fictional characters with you and three personal objects. What would you bring with you and who would be in your space squad?
I would bring my laptop with important information (and books) stored on it, a survival kit of some sort with emergency supplies and…snacks? As for the people I’d want along, I think I’d just bring the members of Squad 312 from Aurora Rising. They’re such a great team, know how to navigate space and fix stuff if anything goes wrong with the ship.
- You are in possession of a time machine but you can visit only one specific geographical place in the past and one in the future. Where would you go?
For the past, I would visit Ancient Rome and for the future, it would be cool to see what the place I live in looks like 50 or 100 years from now.
- If you can have a super power, which one would you have?
Magic in general I guess, since it has so many applications.
- If your biggest fear/or anxiety was your super power, what would it be?
Flying, because I hate heights.
- If you are forced to watch only one movie for the rest of your life – what movie will you pick?
The Lord of the Rings – I binge watch the series every year and have yet to tire of it.
Here are my nominees:
My questions are:
- What is your favourite book so far this year?
- What is your most anticipated book for the rest of the year?
- If you could only choose one savoury and one sweet food to eat for the rest of your life, what would they be?
- What is your favourite bookish fandom?
- What are your hobbies not related to books?
- If you could be the main character in any book, what book would it be?
- If you could time travel to see one major historical event which one would it be?
- How did you come up with your blog name?
- What is the earliest book you remember reading?
- What is your favourite post that you’ve written this year?
This was so much fun, and thanks again to Marta for nominating me!