July wasn’t a particularly good reading month for me as I had not one but two mini reading slumps in the second half of the month. However, I’m very close to my original reading goal for the year of 100 books, so it is now officially raised to 150! This is a much shorter wrap up than usual, but let’s take a look!
Goodreads Challenge Progress: 97/150
Book of the Month
Yadriel is determined to prove that he can be a real brujo, though his traditional family has trouble accepting that he is transgender. With his cousin Maritza, he performs the ritual to gain his powers successfully one night. He soon finds out that his cousin Miguel has been murdered that same night.
He decides to raise Miguel’s ghost to find out what happened, but also to set it free and demonstrate to the brujx community and his family that the ritual was a success. But the ghost Yadriel raises is not his cousin, but that of Julian Diaz, the school’s bad boy and he is less than cooperative about being released into the afterlife. Julian wants to find out how he died, and check in on his friends before he leaves and having no choice, Yadriel agrees.
Books I Read in July 2021
- Ace of Spades – Faridah Àbíké-Íyímídé (🌟🌟🌟 1/2)
- Threadneedle (The Language of Magic #1) – Cari Thomas (🌟🌟🌟 1/2)
- Luck of the Titanic – Stacy Lee (🌟🌟🌟 1/2)
- The Clockmaker’s Wife – Daisy Wood (🌟🌟🌟 1/2)
- A Lesson in Vengeance – Victorie Lee (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟 1/2)
- Radar Girls – Sara Ackerman (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- Hot British Boyfriend – Kristy Boyce (🌟🌟🌟 1/2)
- Love and Olives (Love and Gelato #3) – Jenna Evans Welch (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- Cemetery Boys – Aiden Thomas (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- Asterix & the Banquet (Asterix #5) – Goscinny & Uderzo (🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟)
Other Posts & Reviews This Month
Have you read any of these books or do you plan to? What was your reading month like? Let’s chat in the comments below!