August felt like the longest month and was also kind of slow on the reading front for me, courtesy of a reading slump that lasted over a week. So I didn’t get through as many books as I usually do, but there were a few interesting reads. September, however, is the month I look forward to the most all year, and 2021 is no exception. This month alone is adding 16 new titles to my TBR and I can’t wait to read all of them – make sure to check out my post this Saturday highlighting the books I’m most excited for! With that, let’s take a look at my comparatively quiet August.
Goodreads Challenge Progress: 107/150
Book of the Month
Grey returns to the remote bayou town of La Cachette, Louisiana, where she always spends her summers with her grandmother. But this year is different.
Her best friend, Elora, has been missing for the past six months ever since she seemingly disappeared into thin air one night, and no one in the entire town of psychics has been able to figure out what happened to her.
Even worse, Grey has been experiencing strange visions that seem to be flashbacks and she’s sure they are connected to Elora’s disappearance. Determined to find out the truth, Grey begins to dig deeper into the events of that night, only to find that everyone in town is keeping secrets, from her oldest friends, to her grandmother and even her late mother.
The mystery thickens as a stranger suddenly appears on the edge of town with connections to the town’s dark history and Grey realizes La Cachette has more buried secrets than she ever knew, and all of it somehow ties into the events at hand.
Books I Read in August 2021
- The Secrets of Latimer House – Jules Wake (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟1/2)
- Dark and Shallow Lies – Ginny Myers Sain (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟🌟1/2)
- Lies Like Wildfire – Jennifer Lynn Alvarez (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- The Inheritance of Orquídea Divina – Zoraida Cordova (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟1/2)
- Idol Gossip – Alexandra Leigh Young (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- Kingdom of the Wicked (Kingdom of the Wicked #1) – Kerri Maniscalco (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- These Violent Delights (These Violent Delights #1) – Chloe Gong
- Asterix & the Golden Sickle (Asterix #2) – Goscinny & Uderzo (🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- Asterix & the Big Fight (Asterix #7) – Goscinny & Uderzo (🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- Asterix & the Normans (Asterix #9) – Goscinny & Uderzo (🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟)
Other Posts & Reviews This Month
Have you read any of these books or do you plan to? What was your reading month like? Let’s chat in the comments below!