Thank you so much to Jess @ Comfort Reads and M.T. Wilson @ The Last Book On The Left for nominating me for this award. I was nominated for these ages ago and it totally slipped my mind until recently, so I’ve finally got around to this. Do check out these two amazing blogs!
- Provide the link to the creator’s original award post. (Very important: see why in step 5.) The original post by Colton Beckwith can be found here.
- Answer the questions provided.
- Create 7 unique questions.
- Nominate 10 bloggers. Ensure that they are aware of their nomination. Neither the award’s creator nor the blogger that nominated you can be nominated.
- At the end of 2021, every blog that pings-back the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2021 Outstanding Blogger Award!
Since I’m super late answering these questions, I’m going to be answering any year specific questions as applicable to 2022 instead.
Here are the questions Jess asked:
- What is your main goal for 2022?
There’s still some time left in the year so I haven’t begun thinking of any specific blogging goals, but I do hope to introduce some new content to my blog as I did this year and continue to work on my backlist TBR.
- Sticking to the theme of 2022, what are you most looking forward to next year?
Reading more amazing books, as always, and I’m also hoping 2022 will bring a return to regular travel as it’s the one thing I’ve really missed over the past 2 years.
- What is one genre you just don’t get along with?
- Where is your favorite place to read?
I’m most comfortable reading on the living room couch.
- What is your favorite season?
- Why did you start blogging?
I’ve been informally reviewing books since I was midway through my undergrad. At that time, I stuck to posting on Goodreads because I didn’t have the time to commit to a blog, but I started this blog a few months after I graduated. As someone who works with computers all day, blogging is a great way for me to keep in touch with my creative side and it’s great having a space to express my thoughts about all the books I read!
- What made you continue blogging?
The one thing, apart from my continued love of reading, that has motivated me to continue blogging is the wonderful bookish community who are always so welcoming and supportive.
Here are the questions from M.T. Wilson:
- Do you like listening to music while you read?
No, I find music very distracting when I’m reading.
- What is the best book you’ve read in 2021 so far?
Iron Widow by Xiran Jay Zhao
- What is the best movie or TV show you’ve seen in 2021 so far?
I really enjoyed the second season of Never Have I Ever
- Are there any sequels you liked more than the first book?
Nearly every series on my favorites list fits that description – to pick one, Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
- Besides reading, what other hobbies do you enjoy?
Listening to music, watching Netflix, baking
- What book is underrated but you wish more people knew about?
The Age of Darkness series by Katy Rose Pool. The final book is out next week and it surprises me every time how few people seem to know about these books!
- What is your most anticipated 2022 release?
As of now, it would be House of Sky and Breath by Sarah J. Maas but I’m equally excited for Chain of Thorns by Cassandra Clare.
Here are my nominees:
- Witty and Sarcastic Book Club
- The Midnight Book Blog
- 24Hr YA Book Blog
- Inkish Kingdoms
- A Court of Coffee And Books
My questions are:
- What are your 2022 blogging goals?
- What is one book you want to read before the end of this year?
- How do you organize and track your reading?
- What is your favourite book/series of all time?
- If you could live in any era other than this one, when would you choose and why?
This was so much fun, and thanks again for the nominations!