1. The lost princess – A book/series you lost interest in half way through.
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. Something about the series just didn’t work for me and I never made it past book 2.
2. The knight in shining armor – A hyped book/series that you were swept up by.
The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas. It took me several years to pick up the first book because of some mixed reviews I’d seen, but once I started reading I finished the first 5 books in around two weeks.
3. The wise old wizard – An author that amazes you with his/her writing.
I love Renee Ahdieh‘s writing style, and it’s one of the major reasons why her books are always among my favorites.
4. The maiden in distress – An undervalued character you wished had a bigger storyline.
Katharine from Three Dark Crowns is not undervalued per se, but I’ve always thought that she deserved much better than the ending she got.
5. The magical sword – A magical item/ability you wish authors would use less.
Magical swords are all too popular in fantasy and it would be nice to see a little variety.
6. The mindless villain – A phrase you cannot help but roll your eyes at.
There are always things that annoy me as I read a book, but I can’t think of a single one right now.
7. The untamed dragon – A magical creature you wish you could have as a pet.
I’ve always wished I could have a pegasus.
8. The chosen one – A book/series you will always root for.
The Lord of the Rings!
As usual, I won’t be tagging anyone, but feel free to do this tag if it interests you – I’d love to hear your answers for these questions!