February literally raced by this year, and most of the reading I did last month was focused on March ARCs. While I did get a good amount of reading done, I’m a little disappointed as I did not have time to get to the most anticipated title on my TBR last month, House of Sky and Breath, and I’m just hoping I don’t accidentally run into any spoilers. That is going to be my major read for March as my TBR is comparatively much shorter this month, but there are still some very promising titles I’m looking forward to, especially The Diamond Eye. Let’s take a look at my February Wrap Up!
Goodreads Challenge Progress: 21/100
Book of the Month
The eldest daughter of Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, Grand Duchess Olga Romanov lives with her parents and siblings in the Alexander palace far from the glitter and intrigue of St Petersburg’s court. They have all led a very sheltered and secluded life, owing to their mother’s dislike of high society, but also to hide the secret of their brother Alexei’s hemophilia.
The only one who can check his illness is the mystic Rasputin, whom the Tsarina has come to increasingly rely on, turning a deaf ear to the unsavoury rumours and rising controversy surrounding him, which also contributes to the unrest stirring in the capital.
As war breaks out, Olga and her sisters devote themselves to nursing the wounded Russian soldiers returning from the front, but the people are dissatisfied and no longer happy with the Imperial rule, especially not with the severe shortages due to the war. When the unrest explodes in violence, it brings revolution to their doorstep, threatening to topple generations of Romanov rule.
Books I Read in February 2022
- The Last Grand Duchess – Bryn Turnbull (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- League of Liars – Astrid Scholte (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- Gallant – V. E. Schwab (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- A Coin For The Ferryman – Megan Edwards (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- The Fear – Natasha Preston (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟1/2)
- The Rumor Game – Dhonielle Clayton & Sona Charaipotra (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟)
- The Book of Living Secrets – Madeleine Roux (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟1/2)
- Edgewood – Kristen Ciccarelli (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟1/2)
- Love at First Spite – Anna E. Collins (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟1/2)
- These Deadly Games – Diana Urban (🌟🌟🌟🌟1/2)
- Terciel and Elinor (The Old Kingdom #6) – Garth Nix (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
Other Posts & Reviews This Month
Have you read any of these books or do you plan to? What was your reading month like? Let’s chat in the comments below!