I can’t believe it’s May already! It certainly doesn’t feel like summer here in Canada, but hopefully there’s some nicer weather around the corner. April was a somewhat difficult month for me in terms of both reading and blogging as a more hectic work schedule drastically reduced both the time and motivation to pick up a book or write a review so I’m a little disappointed in not the number but rather which books I did read as there were several major titles on my TBR that I really wanted to get to. It’s a new month however, and I have my fingers crossed that it will be a much better one too! Here are the books I read in April!
Goodreads Challenge Progress: 51/100
Book of the Month
Following the second battle of Berlenhof, the Architects are indubitably back and causing chaos as they begin to destroy world after world. Where in the previous war, the presence of Originator artifacts on a world provided a certain amount of protection, the Architects seem to have found a way to circumvent its protection. Every planet a target and the various groups of humans, aliens and other species are thrown into chaos as they argue about how to combat the threat.
Idris, who has spent his life running away from the memories of the first war, is very much in demand to get back on the front lines as his Intermediary abilities, combined with the discovery he made about the Architects at Berlenhof, may be the only ray of hope. As various factions make a play for power in the chaotic political situation that has resulted, Idris and his allies search for a weapon that can repel the Architects, but the answer may not be what they expected.
Books I Read in April 2022
- Queen of the Tiles – Hannah Alkaf (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- This Golden State – Marit Weisenberg (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- Veil (Hush #2) – Dylan Farrow (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- Ballad and Dagger (Outlaw Saints #1) – Daniel José Older (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- The Noh Family – Grace K. Shim (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- Eyes of the Void (The Final Architecture #2) – Adrian Tchaikovsky (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟🌟1/2)
- From Dust, A Flame – Rebecca Podos (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- Blood Scion (Blood Scion #1) – Deborah Falaye (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- Dreams Bigger Than Heartbreak (Unstoppable #2) – Charlie Jane Anders (ARC) (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality (Pandava #5) – Roshani Chokshi (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
- The Secret of the Old Mill (Hardy Boys #3) – Franklin W Dixon (🌟🌟🌟🌟)
Other Posts & Reviews This Month
Have you read any of these books or do you plan to? What was your reading month like? Let’s chat in the comments below!