Let’s Talk Bookish is a weekly meme created by Rukky @ Eternity Books and hosted by Aria @ Book Nook Bits where we discuss certain topics, share our opinions, and spread the love by visiting each others’ posts. Today’s topic is: Reading Seasonally
Do you read seasonally? Do you like a beach read in summer, a spooky book in the autumn and holiday themed ones in winter?
I’ve always been something of a mood reader, so I do occasionally read seasonal titles, usually around Halloween or Christmas. I tend to follow seasonal trends more closely with regards to TV shows and movies.
What’s your favorite season?
Generally speaking, spring is my favorite season. With regards to books though, it would definitely be fall. Not only is the weather perfect to curl up with a good read and a hot drink, fall also typically has the best releases of the year. From late August to mid October, it’s not uncommon for me to add atleast a dozen new titles to my TBR.
Do you have any favorite seasonal reads?
- A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder – Holly Jackson (basically anything mystery/thriller related works)
- Cemetery Boys – Aiden Thomas
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue – V. E. Schwab
- Sherlock Holmes & Agatha Christie novels
- Cursebreakers series – Brigid Kemmerer
- Anne of Green Gables – L. M. Montgomery (I find the series to be such a cozy read, perfect for a rainy afternoon!)
- The Afterlife of Holly Chase – Cynthia Hand
- Chronicles of Narnia – C. S. Lewis
- A Christmas Carol – Charles Dickens
- Lord of the Rings – J. R. R. Tolkien (not exactly seasonal, but it has become something of a tradition for me to read the entire book around Christmas each year)
Do you read seasonally? Share your thoughts in the comments below!